In collaboration with St.Ives Education Hub, I've introduced a series of workshops designed to improve participants’ computer skills.
‘Computer Lab’ was a pilot project and may be followed by a series of specific workshops throughout the year.
No matter the level of your expertise with a computer, if you need help with a particular task, every Wednesday from August the 7th to September the 11th, 1 to 3pm, just pop in in the Computer Room at the St.Ives Library and join one of our workshops . Every Wednesday we will focus on a different topic, from booking a holiday, to building your own website, from buying or selling online, to crop images, resize them for different uses and build your digital portfolio.
If the times and dates of the workshops are not convenient for you or you find difficult to get to the library, you can book a private session by calling Dhyano on 07989486967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - Special starter offer £10.00 p/h (min 2hrs advisable)
See below the schedule of the workshops and note that all workshops are also open to bespoke requirements of participants.
You can use one of the library’s desktops or come along with your own devices or laptops.
The cost is £10 for a 2hrs session or £50 for all 6 workshops. Please book your place at the Library front desk
- Workshop 1 and 2 - WATCH: 7th and 14th August
- Use simple software to edit videos and use YouTube or other platforms to publish and edit your videos.
- Find content to watch and download on various streaming services as BBC iPlayer.
- Learn how to use free or more sophisticated software to crop or retouch your photos. Learn how to store images from your phone to a computer or on ‘cloud’ services on line.
- Design flyers or posters.
- Design and print cards and other merchandising like mugs, T-shirts or cushions with your images.
Workshop 3 and 4 - LISTEN:
21st and 28th August
- Sound Editing with free software like Audacity, listen to audio-books. Listen and download or produce and publish podcasts, improve sounds of your videos.
- Enjoy streaming services like Spotify, Youtube Music or Apple Music.
Workshop 5 -BUY/SELL:
- Design logos or signs. Build your online portfolio. Design, publish and manage websites using online platforms like Weebly, Squarespace or Wix. Use online e-shop platforms or your own online shop.
- Build promotional or fundraising campaigns on social media. Produce a promotional news-letter.
Workshop 6 - TRAVEL/ORGANISE:
Book your travel and accommodation. Join a car club, rent or share a car, find or offer a lift. Blogging.
- Write about your travels ans publish your videos and photos in your blog.
- Use online organisational tools like Trello, Doodle, Google Drive
- Design power-point presentations and graphs.
- Learn how to use video conferencing platforms like Zoom or Skype. Use online platform to send or share large files with family and friends.